Matt J
Matt J, Chevy Technician
Experience:  10+ years automotive tech, 5 years of experience in a GM dealer
14582819

2000 chevy blazer: ls..abs light..the rear rotors and brake pads

Customer Question

Hi my 2000 chevy blazer ls has the abs light on and I gat the codes C0221,c0222,C0223, C0225,C0226,C0227 and C0281. I check the resistence in both sensor and the lecture is 1044 ohms. I a week a go i replace the rear rotors and brake pads before to this the light start to get on.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt J replied 6 years ago.

Hello my mane is Matt and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Go to the ABS Module and check the connections, Make sure they are not loose or corroded. Also check the wire harness make sure the wires are not rubbed open or damaged. If the connection and wire look good then the ABS module is bad.

If the ABS Module is bad and there is only two connectors going to it then you have the Kelsey Hayes 325 ABS Module. You can remove it and send it to http://www.modulemaster.com/ and they will fix it and send it back to you for $130. Which is a lot cheaper than the dealer part at about $1000 for the part.

If you go to the link below there website will show you how to remove it and also make sure it is the Kelsey Hayes 325 and not the Kelsey Hayes 310

http://modulemaster.com/en/Chevy/S10_info.php

Yes you can drive the vehicle with out the ABS Module on the vehicle. The brake will work just find, Except if you make a panic stop the wheels may lock up.