Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience.
5624692

I have an 04 trailblazer that has had a map sensor code coming

I have an 04 trailblazer that has had a map sensor code coming and going alot on the service light. mechanic changed the battery, 02 sensor, cam shaft sensor. ran fine for a few days andthe light keeps coming on. and when the air is on it idles rough and the volt meter moves alot. If anyone has an answer I would greatly appreciate it!

HiCustomer

What is the exact code number that is coming up?

Mileage?

Does it run poorly only under certain conditions (hot, cold, rainy, etc..)?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

p0106 map/bar ckt range/perf.

Thats is what the code reader said. so i took it to a mechanic and he had it for a week and found that the cam shaft sensor & o2 sensor were causing the map sensor to come up. He reset it but the light has been coming and going every couple days on its own. Also, when you run the heat the idle becomes rough and the voltage was moving around alot. The mechanic changed the battery. It still idles rough when the heat is one but the voltage doesnt move as much now with the new battery.

trucks has 125k. All of these symptoms have been a daily occurance over the last couple months...

Actually, the most common cause of a P0106 for your vehicle is carbon in the throttle body. This can be cleaned using a rag and spray cleaner. Soak the rag with cleaner and have block the throttle open. Then use the rag to clean the black gunky buildup from all around the throttle bore. If it is caked on you can use an old toothbrush to scrub it clean. Wipe every so often with a clean dry cloth to keep removing the crud so it doesn't run down into the engine.

This would also explain the idling issues you are having because with the crud buildup there would be less airflow and a lower idle because of that.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have a trailblazer repair book, is there a place that will show me where the throttle body is? Or is it easy to find? I forgot one other symptom I have been having. The inside and outside lights are flickering all the time. You can see it alot brighter at night time. Sorry I forgot to put that in the last reply.

The flickering lights is somewhat common in the envoy/trailblazer because of the electrical loads. You may be seeing it more now if the idle is low.

The throttle body is facing the passenger side of the engine. If you follow the ductwork you will see the big black resonator. At the end of this is a large clamp that holds the resonator to the throttle body. When you reinstall the resonator be sure to hook everything back up tightly. From memory, there is a small elbow hose that many people forget to hook back up because it is easy to miss.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try this monday night, if i need anything else can i find you on here again to ask anymore questions?

Thank you!

Absolutely, just respond back to this question if you need more help with the code. I try to get on here every night after work.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you, I will put a reply here Monday night or Tuesday with some results for you.

Ok, I will look for it!