Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 20+ years experience. 9 years self employed. Expert on AUTOLAB Radio Show

The are two types of temperature sensor on my Blazer 99 , one

The are two types of temperature sensor on my Blazer 99 , one is on top of the engine right next to the radiator hose ends , and the order is on the lower side of the engine, my problem is, i cannot find where to connect the Temp sensor located on the lower side of the engine, when i saw it is already disconnected and the end side of the cable looked burned. Any help? Thanks

HelloCustomer I believe I know what you are talking about. On the driver side of the engine, there is a temp sensor that screws into the head and has a short extension with a two wire connector. The corresponding connector for this sensor is a blue 2 terminal connector that is comes out of the wiring harness directly behind where the throttle body is located. See if this helps.

Your JA Expert,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you provide a diagram? Also, does this sensor monitors oil temp or coolant temp? if i disconnect this sensor will oil come out or coolant??? Thanks

This sensor monitors coolant temperature. If you remove it coolant will come out. If you leave the radiator cap on, you could switch out the sensor with minimal coolant loss. Here are two pictures. The first is the origin of the coolant temp sensor. That sensor would have a connector with a wiring harness that goes up to the a retainer bolt on the driver's side of the upper intake manifold. From there it will plug into a connector that is located in the area shown in the second picture. I can't find a more specific picture of the connector itself.