GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2004 Chevy Cavalier,removal of steering wheel with ARS.Battery

2004 Chevy Cavalier,removal of steering wheel with ARS.Battery disconnected and have pulled 15A Air Bg fuse then let it sit for about an half hour. Pulled 2 torx bit screws from back of steering wheel. How do I get top steering wheel cover with Air Bag off steering wheel? Need to get to 4 bolts that hold tilt wheel together.Have excessive steering wheel wobble and its my daughters car.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.

Welcome. This is held on with a spring on either side, not the screws you found. Use a couple is blade screw drivers to engage the springs and pry. Start with the handles of the screw drivers as close to the column as possible then when in place, lift the handles out to pry the tips inward in the holes.

Object Number: 640349  Size: SH