Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

99 chevy blazer: on.ive replaced the dash switch..shifter..even light

Customer Question

I have a 99 chevy blazer 4x4.The 4x4 is not working and the service 4x4 light is not on.I've replaced the dash switch and the shifter motor and still nothing.The dash switch doesn't even light up to tell you if it is in 2 hi 4 hi or 4 low.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to make sure the underhood fuse box fuse ATC 20 amp is good..and also in the fuse box inside check fuse 4WD #15 fuse.see if both are good
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
can you check those 2 fuses first?then judging off if they are bad or not we will proceed further
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all fuses are good. I forgot to say that in my question.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi

sense the lights don't come on at all the problem may be the tccm[transfer case control module..

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Component Locations

NVG 136-NP4(One Speed Automatic) Control Module Is Shown

Behind the RF kick panel

1. Remove the three nuts securing the automatic transfer case control module to the retainer.
  2. Disconnect the two wiring harness connectors from the automatic transfer case control module

1. Slide the automatic transfer case control module straight out from the retainer.

Installation Procedure

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

1. Install the automatic transfer case control module into the retainer with the three nuts.
    • Tighten the nut to 6 Nm (53 inch lbs.) .
  1. Connect the two wiring harness connectors to the automatic transfer case control module.
  2. Start the engine and test the automatic transfer case system for proper shift operation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok fuses weren't bad to begin with.Now it's blowing the atc fuse as soon as you put it in.What is atc?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.