Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

10 pickup: 4x4..with a 4.3 liter engine..four wheel drive..selector

I have a 1991 (4x4) chevy s-10 pickup truck, with a 4.3 liter engine!

I used my four wheel drive system yesterday and it worked fine. today, i went to use it and it didnt work? Even the indicater lights on the selector box was out? what do i do to correct it?
thank you,
Submitted: 6 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

does yours have the push button or does it have the shifter in the floor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
mine has a shifter on the floor. but i know you have to put in in nuetral first then shift it into low,etc. but it shifted in yesterday, no problem. Today it wouldnt go in at all???

check the vacuum lines on the transfer case,make sure they are connected.

first,you need to check the vacuum actuator that is under the battery..start the truck and put it in 4wd,remove the vacuum line from the actuator,,you should have a vacuum on the line,if you do,the problem may be the actuator[the diaphragm will bust in these sometimes],,if you don't have a vacuum,the problem may be the vacuum switch on top of the transfer case[it has 3 vacuum lines to it]these will go bad from time to time

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP