Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2000 Chevy 4x4 blazer. It will not go into 4 wheel

I have a 2000 Chevy 4x4 blazer. It will not go intoXXXXX The light on switch just blinks. I have replaced the encounter motor and the vacuum actuator. Does it have a vacuum actuator switch on transfer case?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

The problem with this might be the module, sometimes resting them works.

below is a digram of the module it's located behind the panel of the right front passenger

left foot. unplug the module for few minutes then replug.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a 2000 chevy blazer. TheXXXXXwill not go in, theXXXXXlight just blinks. Does my balzer have a vacuum actuator switch on the transfer case. I was told there were 4 different transfer cases and not all of them have it on there. Could it be the module or the switch on the dash? Could it be something else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need help finding out what is wrong with my 2000 chevy blazer. It will not go intoXXXXX What are somethings I can look at the could be wrong with it. The light on theXXXXXswitch blinks. I have put a vacuum actuator in and encounter motor.

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

sense hauto is offline i will try to assist you

the common problem would be the transfer case actuator.this is located on the side of the transfer case

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..ism not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the transfer case shields.

1. Remove the transfer case wiring harness connectors from the motor/encoder.

1. Remove three bolts securing the motor/encoder gasket and motor/encoder to the transfer case.
  2. Retain the rubber gasket for reuse.

Installation Procedure

1. Install three bolts securing the motor/encoder and the rubber gasket to the transfer case.
    • Tighten the motor/encoder bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.) .
    • Ensure the motor/encoder aligns properly with the transfer case shift shaft.
    • Align the motor/encoder mating surface detent with the transfer case mating surface detent.

1. Install the transfer case wiring harness connectors to the motor/encoder.
  2. Install the transfer case shield.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The encounter motor is moving. It seems like the front axle is not locking. Do you know where the transfer switch is on the actuator?

yes..

you need to check the vacuum actuator under the battery....remove the vacuum line,check to see if you have a vacuum when it is running and in 4wd,if you do,the problem may be the vacuum actuator,,,if not,the problem may be the vacuum switch on top of the transfer case[this has 3 vacuum lines to it]

thanks

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been looking for the vaccum switch on top of the transfer case. I can't find it. I was told there were 4 different kinds of transfer cases. Is it possible that mine doesn't have a vacuum switch?

yours should have the switch..this is what operates the actuator under the battery

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a diagram of where it might be located?

sorry..i don't have a picture of this//,,it should be right on top of the case

thanks