Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

where is the fuel pump located on an 2002 chevrolet duramax

where is the fuel pump located on an 2002 chevrolet duramax 2500hd

It is under the hood, here are instructions. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there a fuel pump that pumps fuel before the fuel injector pump this is a diesel 2500hd duramax im not getting fuel and truck wont start i have bleed the air from filter primed filter bleed injectors and cannot get fuel to engine is there a emergency shutoff switch somewhere? its driving me nuts when i prime the fuel filter it wants to start but because its not getting diesel to engine it wont start

The only other pump is the fuel transfer pump which controls what tank the fuel is in.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is that fuel transfer pump in the tank itself? and could you please tell me if there is a emergency shutoff swith for the fuel on this truck? i appreciate your help!
Its on the bottom in the fuel line where a filter is on most vehicles and there is no shut off switch, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks