jamesteph2
jamesteph2, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years as a mechanic 5 of those years at chevy dealership

2005 CHEVY COLORADO: 2WD..SPEED SENSOR..ERRATIC..THE RT FRT..CANT FIND

2005 CHEVY COLORADO 2.8 2WD I HAVE CODE C0035 (LEFT FRT SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL)REPLACED SENSOR STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM WATCHING THE COMPUTER SIGNAL LOOKS ERRATIC COMPARED TO THE RT FRT AND REAR CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS OK AND CLEAN THERE IS A TSB 3460D BUT CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE.THANKS FOR THE HELP
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jamesteph2 replied 4 years ago.
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX i can help you with your problem. have you checked the wheel bearing on the left front? sometimes when the bearing starts to go bad it makes the hub move in certian ways that the sensor doesnt pick up the signal. also was there any debris near the sensor when you replaced it? sometimes when you remove the sensor some dirt will fall into the hole and block the sensor. i will try and find the tsb your refering to and post it here for you. hope this helps , please let me know. thanks james
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO PLAY IN BEARING AT ALL AND CLEANED RING GEAR AND SESOR AREA
Ok Joe, give me a little time and I will try and find the tsb. Check back in a little while. Thanks James
hi joe, ok i found some information. i had a few references to code c0035 , it seems that chevy has had problems with the left front wheel brg and speed sensor assembly. the recommened fix is to replace the entire assembly. if you do this i would suggest getting a factory part. i hope this helps , please let me know if you have any questions on replacing the assembly. james
jamesteph2, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 22 years as a mechanic 5 of those years at chevy dealership
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS JAMES I WAS THINKING THAT BUT DIDNT WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY WITHOUT ANOTHER OPINION BUT AFTER YOU MENTIONED THAT I RECALLED THAT THE LEFT FRT WHEEL WAS A LITTLE HARDER TO SPIN BY HAND THAN THE RIGHTSO YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT.THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT.THANKS AGAIN...JOE