Kenny
Kenny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Providing 16 years of experience with certifications in engine performance, electrical and brakes
27503239

2005 Chevy: ...the speedometer and gauges do not work

I have 2005 Chevy Avalanche...the speedometer and gauges do not work...Why hasn't GM recalled this vehicle? I don't know what is wrong and need help ASAP! Please help!

Your speedometer and gages all do not work? Is the speedometer staying at zero are is it stuck at another number like 55?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Some gauges say zero and others go past the highest number on there...the speedometer goes past the highest number on somedays and on other days it doesn't even move from the zero mark.
Your instrument cluster has internal failure and will need to be replaced. If your vehicle is under 70000 miles then GM will replace it at no charge to you under a special policy they have. If your vehicle is over 70000 but under 80000 miles then they will warranty the part and you will have to pay the labor. The special policy number is XXXXX If you go to your local chewy dealer they will be able to assist you with this problem you or having because you will need to replace the instrument cluster and have it program to fix your problem. I am glad I can help and I hope I may have saved you some time and money with the special policy I have found for you.