Michael Moore
Michael Moore, GM MASTER/WORLD CLASS. ASE MASTER
Experience:  ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.
4232346

2002 chevy trailblazer: with bad fan clutch..shaft..fan assy..trany

I have a 2002 chevy trailblazer with bad fan clutch, just got it off the shaft but can't get it by the fan assy. and fan shroud!! Can't move shroud out of way because two trany lines (i think thats what they are) are up against shroud. Any suggestions?? HELP!!!
If you have the fan clutch off the water pump, then you need to take the fan, the clutch and the shroud and pull them out at one time. You need to take the trans lines and pop them off of the shroud, you do not have to remove the lines just take them off the retainer on the shroud. Its kind of hard to get the shroud around the upper radiator hose out let, some people will cut a notch in the shroud to clear it. The cooling fan clutch and blades all come out together. You will have to remove the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have removed the upper radiator hose, and will try cutting notch in shroud to help clear upper radiator outlet. But I have already unbolted fan assy. from clutch. Should I bolt it back up to fan clutch with a couple of bolts?l
It will make it easier to remove if you do, just install 1 or 2 bolts. They do not need to be tight. Make sure to unplug the wiring harness for the clutch at the drivers side of the upper radiator area.