Kenny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Providing 16 years of experience with certifications in engine performance, electrical and brakes

my 2002 tahoe will not turn over. Battery is fully boosted,

my 2002 tahoe will not turn over. Battery is fully boosted, all accessories function, I shifted the column several times (automatic) to make sure the column switch was in line but it still will not turn over. Relays seem to click once when I turn the key but not the rapid clicking you get when a battery is about dead. The engine will not crank/turn at all. Fuse? Starter problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Kenny replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a security light on when you try to start and leave the key on? Does all your exterior lights work ok?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The security light flashes when I put the key in, it changes to the battery symbol when I turn the key. The interior lights are working fine. I still have the battery charger connected.
Expert:  Kenny replied 6 years ago.
Are you using the same ignition key that you always use? When you turn the key and the battery symbol starts to show if you leave the key on will the security light start to flash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I switched keys, same result. The red battery light stays on when key is left on. Security light goes back on when I lock. It goes out after a few moments. It flashes when I unlock. At the same time instrument panel lights flash a few times when I unlock. I turn the key, the security changes to battery. I leave the key on and the battery light continues.
Expert:  Kenny replied 6 years ago.
Sounds like you do not have a security problem with your vehicle. The security features seem to be working as they should. Now you should inspect your battery cable's for and corrosion and to be sure they are tighten properly.