Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

1996 chevy s10: it blew a fuel pump fuse before I..diagnose

I have a 1996 chevy s10 that is getting no power to the new fuel pump I just bought. Also, it blew a fuel pump fuse before I bought the new pump, What is giong wrong? And, where do I go in the vehicle to diagnose this problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

it would seem that you do have a short rule out the pump,,unplug it and check for power from the harness that plugs to the pump...if you have power and it dont blow a may be inside the tank....i will give you the wireing diagram so you can hunt down the short

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Fuel Controls
Fuel Delivery & Controls
icon_note_blank.gif Notes Wiring Diagram