Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

I have a 2004 chevy silverado and my cruise control stopped

I have a 2004 chevy silverado and my cruise control stopped working. Any ideas that I could look into would be appreciated.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
the problem with these is every diagnosis for the cruise you need a scan tool diagnose.the one thing you can check is make sure the brake light switch is working the rear brake lights work when you step on the brake pedal?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Checked brake lights they are working. So I should have my local tech scan and see what the problem is?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
well if the brake lights work ok..check the 10 amp cruise fuse in the fuse box inside.and make sure that the cruise cable is hooked up to the throttle body..if all 3 are ok then yes have the local tech scan it..but if all 3 are ok i will bet the cruise module has failed