BOBBYSS, Master Technician

2002 Trailblazer with starting problems. Had mechanic check

2002 Trailblazer with starting problems. Had mechanic check for codes but nothing came up. Replaced battery 4 days ago and just tried to crank it and it is dead again. Jumps easily. What could be draining the battery? Or are you aware of a cause that needs checking? Lots of people on many forums are having similar problems. Surely GM has solved this problem by now.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer when the vehicle does not start do any of the interior lights come on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No interior lights or dashboard lights, etc. No sound whatsoever. No engine turnover. Total deadness.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
Okay, and the vehicle will always start right up with a jump?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, jump starting is no problem. Cranks right up. Brand new battery also. I also put a charger on the previous battery (it was only one year old) and charged it up. Car cranked and I drove it around for awhile. Two hours later, battery was dead again.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
Okay, and have you noticed any of the electronics staying on in the vehicle when it is turned off and locked up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No, I have turned off everything I can think of, audio, heater, etc.

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
Okay. If the battery is still dying then you either have a bad ignition switch or a body control module issue. Most of the time the dealer can reprogram the module to fix this.