Jr.
Jr., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  practicing

where is the blend door actuator on a 2000 blazer

where is the blend door actuator on a 2000 blazer?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jr. replied 4 years ago.
graphic
This mounts to the side of the heater/ac box on the drivers side .

Edited by Jr. on 1/7/2010 at 11:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have no heat in blazer. replaced raditor, water pump, and flushed the heater core sevral times. after flush the car has heat for 30 minutes then cold air after that. Read that the blender door might be the problem.
Expert:  Jr. replied 4 years ago.
Sounds more like the core is clogging up . Are both heater hoses hot ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
both hoses are hot
Expert:  Jr. replied 4 years ago.
The blend door motor is on the end of the heater box and if you stand on your head , you can see it . While you are under the dash looking at it you should be able to see where the motor fits over the shaft of the door and you can watch it turn the shaft when you go from hot to cold . After you flushed the core you had heat but then it went away? How many times have you flushed it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

flushed the core about 8 times

Expert:  Jr. replied 4 years ago.
So after you flush it you have heat , then you lose it . You flush the core again then have heat for 30 minutes then lose it again ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jr. replied 4 years ago.
Still sounds to me like the core is clogged , if you flush it and have heat . Are you flushing the whole cooling system or just the heater core ? Also does this have the 100,000 mile Dexcool (red ) antifreeze ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the whole system has been flushed several time but the core has been flushed more times. The car does not have the res antifreeze anymore. It has about 83,000 miles
Expert:  Jr. replied 4 years ago.
General Motors knows that the Dexcool is a problem but they won't admit to it . If each time you flush the core you have heat but then lose it , and you are getting all the air out of the system , I believe the core is just too restricted from the original dexcool .
Jr., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: practicing