roadsidejerry
roadsidejerry, auto mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mechanic 39 years, 30 with NYPD Fleet Service Division
1699649

2001 Chevy Tahoe: electric windows..drivers side..burnt..a little hard

I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe. Both of the electric windows on the drivers side will not operate.

I was told that the motor is burnt out. I find this a little hard to believe. I seems more like an electrical short or perhaps just a fuse. How can I check this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  roadsidejerry replied 7 years ago.

HI, there is a seperate circuit breaker for the left and right side windows, the left drivers side breaker is located in the fuse box at the lower left side of the dash. You can check this, if is not defective the next thing to check would be for power at the motor. You would need to remove the door panel and check for power at the motor terminals as the window switch is operated. If you have power, then the motor is defective, if no power you will need to further check the switches and wiring. I am sending you the power window wiring diagram to aid you in the diagnosis. You can print them out for reference I do agree it is odd that both window motors are burnt out, but anything is possible.

graphicgraphic