Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The passlock, anti- theft system on a 2003 silverado HD 2500

How do you reset the computer and or the passlock, anti- theft system on a 2003 silverado HD 2500?

Bump the key into the start position then leave it in the on position for 10 minutes, after 10 minute shut vehicle off for 5 seconds and repeat procedure 2 more times for a total of 30 minutes and then it should start. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have done this already I tried that last night.
Is the secuirty/anti theft light on or flashing? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, the only light that comes on is the engine light. I also diconnected the battery for about 10 hours and then reconnected it with the same result.
Ok, I dont think this is related to the security system otherwise the dash display wouldnt be effected and the security/antitheft light would come on.....It sounds like you have a wiring problem related to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or possibly the PCM itself. Honestly at this point I would bring the vehicle to the dealership or a shop so they can diagnose it, you can check all of the fuses first but if thats not hte problem its going to take some advanced testing. I'm sure this isnt the answer you were hoping for but its a good answer......if you insist on doing it yourself and have a voltmeter I can help you check a few more things such as powers/ground on PCM. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I read through the steps you suggested again to reset the system I discoverd that I did not turn the key to the start position. I just turned the key to the on position for 10 min. then off for a few seconds 3x. So I will try it again with the correct procedure.
Ok, let me know. Thanks