Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

in my 88 blazer the fuel injectors wont spray it is a throttle

Customer Question

in my 88 blazer the fuel injectors won't spray it is a throttle body system. i know tht it is getting fuel to the throttle body nd up to the injectors but they won't then spry what could cause this
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Hello Soter 331!
Tanks for choosing JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
If you do not get spark, you injectors won't be actuated .
If the Engine Control Module does not see reference pulses from the distributor, it won't provide ground pulses to the injectors.
Check if you get a spark from the coil, check if you get +12V on the Red and White wires at the injector connectors with the key ON.
Let me know about your findings.
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience: I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i just tried checking the wires i had the key turned on and i got no reading at all from the red nd white wires. whats the next step?
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
If you do not get power on the Red and White wires with the ignition key in the RUN position, then check your INJ A 10A FUSE and make sure you get power to this fuse with the Key On.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is tht fuse located i checked under the dash in that panel and i don't see tht fuse
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the fuse should be located in the fuse panel, under the dash.
It could also be labeled as a ECM I 10A FUSE. If you get power to this fuse and the fuse is not blown, then you should check for wires integrity between the fuse block and the injector connectors.
graphic
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tht fuse was blown so i will try and replace it
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Ok, use the same amperage fuse.
Let me know how it turns out.
It is too late here (2:15 AM) and I am going to sleep.
I will be on line in 8-9 hours.
Vlad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it turned out to be the fuse thanks a lot
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome!
Thank you for the second "accept"
I thought that your problem would be more complicated and we would need to dig deeper towards the ignition control system or ECM.
I am glad it turned out to be a simple fuse failure.
Good luck !
Vlad.