Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

How to replace heater core 1995 GMC Sonoma

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Below are directions:

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have this information already. Was looking for how to tilt the dash as a unit,not remove everything
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

If you look at the directions, you will see where the bolts are located to remove in order to tilt the dash. You still have to drop the steering column in order to tilt the dash.

You need to remove everything shown up to that point in the directions, and will need to disconnect the wiring harness connectors to the IP cluster, otherwise it wont tilt enough to access the heater core.

You are probably going to find that this is a pain in the rear method to replace the heater core. I have done it both ways, and I can do the whole job about 1 1/2 hours quicker by just removing the instrument panel instead of tilting it.

There is a reason that the directions are given a specific way. Techs and engineers have done it both ways enough and found removal of the IP panel to be the quickest, most efficient way.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, I have the information you gave me already. Thanks anyway