carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified , 16 yrs in field

the drivers side window on my 2002 impala will not go up but

the drivers side window on my 2002 impala will not go up but i hear the motor trying what is the problem or what can i do to fix this
Category: Chevy
Expert:  carguyjosh replied 6 years ago.

If you are hearing the motor turning when you hit the button but the window stays down, the regulator assembly has failed.

You will need to replace the complete regulator assembly to fix the problem. The regulator will cost you about $115 and about 1 hour of time to replace it.

To replace it, remove the inner door panel and you will find the track assemblies, motor and connection to the window.

Remove the bolts holding the window to the regulator, support the window so that it can't fall down into the door while your replacing the regulator. Unbolt the track assemblies and motor and remove it from the door. Just reverse this procedure to install the new unit and you'll be ready to roll....

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok how can i get door panel off easily without breaking the plastic plugs holding it on

You will have to first remove any visible screws and then use a screwdriver to pry the door panel away from the door.

It is common to break some of the pins upon removal. Your local parts store will have the replacement pins....

Just take your time on removal, if the panel seems like it won't come free, look closely for hidden screws...

Thanks, Josh

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hey thanks josh one more an im through where is the temp coolant sensor located

There are 2 engines that they used in 02'...Either way, the sensor is located right by the thermostat housing. Below the housing on the 3.8 liter and below the housing mounted into the lower intake on the 3.4 liter engine....

Thanks, Josh

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks have a very merry n safe christmas

You to....Have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year....