ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

I have 2007 chevy Aveo 1.6 automatic does not start.Iam getting

Customer Question

I have 2007 chevy Aveo 1.6 automatic does not start.Iam getting fuel, spark,
pluse at injector. I hook up fuel pressure tester at injector rail but no pressure. also I disconnect fuel line at injector and I ask my assistant to crank and I saw fuel with pressure, I even pull all spark plugs out and clean them and install them back but still no luck. please help me thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.

If the fuel pressure gauge did not show any pressure the problem is either the fuel pump or the power to the pump, the fuel pump can pump a little pressure but if there is not enough to register on a gauge it is to low.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well thats what I taught so I bought another fuel pump like I said I disconnect a fuel line at fuel injector rail crank the motor and there was a fuel with pressure it feel like it wanna to start but not starting.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
SO you do have pressure at the gauge? If so how much pressure do you have?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no sir no pressure at gauge. but the fuel line that connect to injector rail I disconnect that and asked my assistant to crank the motor and I saw fuel coming out with pressure. then I connect the line back to injector rail and try to start but no luck.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.

So you have already installed a new fuel pump?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes sir fuel is new
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
You will need to see if there is battery voltage to the pump (on the brown wire) and if there is a good ground on the black wire. If this all checks out the fuel pressure regulator is most likely bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes sir I got batter voltage at fuel pump , but where is fuel pressure regulator.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.

The regulator is located on the fuel rail, pic below.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No sir car still did not start I change the regulator that you show me in pitcure it cos me $24.00 from dealer and I intall and crank the car still no luck.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
Do you have fuel pressure now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actually I tried everything that I thaught I could and even you told me fuel pressure regulator which I bought from dealer cost me $24.00 still car did not start. so i decided to take to chevy dealer and they spend almost 2 hour and called me and told me that ECM is bad. then they install new computer and check and crank the car and it work means car started. cost with tax labor around $1200.00 I really appreciate your help.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
Must be it did have fuel pressure then, thanks for using JA.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I really appriciate and thank you for you help and time that you spend on this matter.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
It really was no problem I'm just glad you got it repaired, if you believe I was helpful please accept my answer.