jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified A6,A8,L1, California Licensed Smog Technician

Chevy Silverado 1500: brand light or stop sign..jumps

Just purchased a Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4. 2009 but brand new. When letting off of the brake when stopped at a red light or stop sign, the entire truck jumps up and down. It also has a vibration and noise coming from the rear end (sounds like a roar). I took it in to the dealership and they said it was normal operation and gave me a TAK number. I am not happy with this response because I feel certain that it is not normal for any vehicle to do this. Have you heard of other trucks doing this? Why can it not be corrected?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jim replied 6 years ago.
I have not seen or heard of this vehicle jumping up and down when letting your foot off the gas pedal. I would talk to the service manager and if he can't satisfy your concerns talk to the general manager of the dealership. These four wheel drive vehicles do have a slight noise in them from the way the torque is transfered through the transfer case and drive line assembly. This noise is not usually excessive. If they are telling you this is normal go drive a couple of other vehicles they have on the lot and see.