Wiring diagram for harness on updated 4x4 actuator for 88 to 92 K1500
Year (other) : 1990Make (other) : chevModel : K1500Engine : 5.7
Front Differential went out, Installed a 1998 K1500 differential. Need the wiring diagram to hook up the late style actuator
i would think you are installing and electric motor type acuator instead of the gas filled heat energized stock one...please print
File In Section: 4 Drive Axle
Bulletin No.: 76-43-01A
Date: September, 1998
This bulletin is being revised to add information to the Service Procedure, add a new part number, and include schematics. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 76-43-01 (SectionXXXXXAxle).
Some owners may comment that the colder the outside temperature is, the longer it takes for the front axle to engage whenXXXXXis selected, or the front axle does not engage.
The front axle engagement actuator is a thermally activated component. Because of this characteristic, the time required for the actuator to completeXXXXXengagement is extended as the temperature drops.
Replace the front axle actuator and include the applicable wiring harness kit. Refer to the Parts Information in order to determine which wiring harness kit is needed.
1996 model trucks with a build date on or after January 2, 1996 are considered as "961". If the build date of the truck is unknown, verify the 3 character "axle code" on the front axle label in order to determine which wire harness to order.
This new actuator uses a motor to engage the front axle and is not affected by temperature. On 1988-93 models with a GVW rating over 8500$, the new actuator cannot be installed and the thermal actuator will remain the service part.
Parts are currently available from GMSPO.
Some owners with actuators that are operating as designed (5-30 seconds engagement time) may choose to upgrade to the fast actuator at their own expense. The fast actuator is a new product enhancement and should not be used to replace actuators that are operating as designed.
On K3 Models with the cast iron axle tube, there may be a casting burr which may contact the edge of the actuator. This should not create a concern and the actuator should seat against the axle tube. If this contact remains a concern, use a die grinder in order to remove the burr.
For 88-93 vehicles, if the axle has to be replaced, use jumper harness P/N 15313272. CKT 1695 (BLK/WHT) fits into cavity A of the fast actuator. The circuit includes the cable seal and the terminal pin. This circuit plugs into the 5-pin axle actuator connector.
I have this bulletin. What I need is the diagram for Jumper Harness 15313272. I have bougnt the kit and installed it on a number of vehicles but they don't give you a diagram, just a harness and show you where to hook up the 1 wire. I should be able to make up this harness if I had schematic diagram.
here is the diagram you need please print
I Don't Know what the the DLC has to do with the 4WD wiring. I guess I'm not being clear, what I need is a schematic on the Chevy Part number 15313272 Jumper Harness. Which is sold with the up graded actuator and harness kit for 1988 to 1993 chevy K1500 and K2500 4WD.
#76-43-01A: SLOW OR NO ENGAGEMENT OF FRT. AXLE WHEN 4WD IS SELECTED - (Sep 18, 1998)
REVISION: 09/17/98 DIVS INVL 1 5 7
THIS BULLETIN IS BEING REVISED TO ADD INFORMATION TO THE SERVICE PROCEDURE, ADD A NEW PART NUMBER, AND INCLUDE SCHEMATICS. PLEASE DISCARD CORPORATE BULLETIN NUMBER 76-43-01 (SECTIONXXXXXAXLE). ______________________________________________________________________
SOME OWNERS MAY COMMENT THAT THE COLDER THE OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE IS, THE LONGER IT TAKES FOR THE FRONT AXLE TO ENGAGE WHENXXXXXIS SELECTED, OR THE FRONT AXLE DOES NOT ENGAGE.
THE FRONT AXLE ENGAGEMENT ACTUATOR IS A THERMALLY ACTIVATED COMPONENT. BECAUSE OF THIS CHARACTERISTIC, THE TIME REQUIRED FOR THE ACTUATOR TO COMPLETEXXXXXENGAGEMENT IS EXTENDED AS THE TEMPERATURE DROPS.
REPLACE THE FRONT AXLE ACTUATOR AND INCLUDE THE APPLICABLE WIRING HARNESS KIT. REFER TO THE PARTS INFORMATION IN ORDER TO DETERMINE WHICH WIRING HARNESS KIT IS NEEDED.
1996 MODEL TRUCKS WITH A BUILD DATE ON OR AFTER JANUARY 2, 1996 ARE CONSIDERED AS "96I". IF THE BUILD DATE OF THE TRUCK IS UNKNOWN, VERIFY THE 3 CHARACTER "AXLE CODE" ON THE FRONT AXLE LABEL IN ORDER TO DETERMINE WHICH WIRE HARNESS TO ORDER.
THIS NEW ACTUATOR USES A MOTOR TO ENGAGE THE FRONT AXLE AND IS NOT AFFECTED BY TEMPERATURE. ON 1988-93 MODELS WITH A GVW RATING OVER 8500#, THE NEW ACTUATOR CANNOT BE INSTALLED AND THE THERMAL ACTUATOR WILL REMAIN THE SERVICE PART.
1. REMOVE THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER SHIELD, IF EQUIPPED.
2. IF NECESSARY, CLEAN THE AXLE HOUSING IN THE AREA AROUND THE EXISTING ACTUATOR. DISCONNECT THE ACTUATOR'S ELECTRICAL CONNECTION AT THE FRONT AXLE HOUSING.
3. REMOVE THE FRONT AXLE ACTUATOR BY UNTHREADING THE ACTUATOR FROM THE AXLE HOUSING.
4. INSTALL THE SPACER FROM THE WIRING KIT INTO THE AXLE TUBE WITH THE FLAT SIDE SEATED AGAINST THE SHIFT FORK.
5. INSTALL THE ACTUATOR MOTOR AND TIGHTEN UNTIL THE SHOULDER OF THE ACTUATOR SEATS AGAINST THE AXLE TUBE.
ON K3 MODELS WITH THE CAST IRON AXLE TUBE, THERE MAY BE A CASTING BURR WHICH MAY CONTACT THE EDGE OF THE ACTUATOR. THIS SHOULD NOT CREATE A CONCERN AND THE ACTUATOR SHOULD SEAT AGAINST THE AXLE TUBE. IF THIS CONTACT REMAINS A CONCERN, USE A DIE GRINDER IN ORDER TO REMOVE THE BURR.
6. CONNECT THE SERVICE HARNESS CONNECTOR TO THE ACTUATOR AND CONNECT THE 2-PIN CONNECTOR TO THE MATING CONNECTOR AT THE AXLE. FOR 1994 TO CURRENT MODELS, IN THE CASE OF A COMPLETE AXLE REPLACEMENT, REFER TO FIGURE 1.
7. ROUTE THE WIRING HARNESS ALONG THE EXISTING HARNESS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE VEHICLE. ROUTE CKT 241 (BRN) OVER THE TOP AND TO THE LEFT OF THE TRANSMISSION. SECURE THE HARNESS USING PLASTIC TIES.
8. FOR 1995-97 INTERIM VEHICLES, LOCATE THE 4-WIRE CONNECTOR (C120) ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE TRANSMISSION. SPLICE THE BRN WIRE OF THE ACTUATOR HARNESS INTO CAVITY D OF CKT 241 (BRN) ON THE ENGINE SIDE OF CONNECTOR C120. FOLLOW THE SPLICING PROCEDURE DESCRIBED IN SECTION 8A (ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSIS REPAIR PROCEDURES) OF THE APPLICABLE SERVICE MANUAL.
9. ON K3 MODELS, INSTALL THE DELAY RELAY, INCLUDED AS PART OF THE WIRING HARNESS KIT, AT THE ENGINE SIDE OF THE BULKHEAD, ADJACENT TO THE EXISTING RELAY. MOUNT THE NEW RELAY WITH SELF-DRILLING FASTENER, P/N 22510339. ROUTE AND SECURE THE RELAY WIRE HARNESS BEHIND THE RIGHT OXYGEN SENSOR HEAT SHIELD.
10. VERIFY SYSTEM OPERATION. WHEN SHIFTING THE TRANSFER CASE, YOU SHOULD HEAR THE ACTUATOR MOTOR OPERATE.
FOR 88-93 VEHICLES, IF THE AXLE HAS TO BE REPLACED, USE JUMPER HARNESS P/N 15313272. CKT 1695 (BLK/WHT) FITS INTO CAVITY A OF THE FAST ACTUATOR. THE CIRCUIT INCLUDES THE CABLE SEAL AND THE TERMINAL PIN. THIS CIRCUIT PLUGS INTO THE 5-PIN AXLE ACTUATOR CONNECTOR.
11. DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS IN ORDER TO INSTALL JUMPER HARNESS P/N 15313272:
1. LOCATE THE AXLE ACTUATOR 5-PIN CONNECTOR ON THE SERVICE ACTUATOR WIRING HARNESS AND REMOVE THE TPA. 2. REMOVE AND DISCARD THE CAVITY PLUG FROM CAVITY A. 3. INSTALL CKT 1695 LEAD (BLK/WHT) FROM THE JUMPER HARNESS THAT HAS THE CABLE SEAL AND TERMINAL INTO AXLE ACTUATOR CONNECTOR CAVITY A. 4. REINSTALL THE TPA ON THE 5-PIN CONNECTOR. 5. INSTALL THE SERVICE ACTUATOR HARNESS 5-PIN CONNECTOR INTO THE AXLE ACTUATOR. 6. CONNECT JUMPER HARNESS 2X2 CONNECTOR INTO THE EXISTING VEHICLE 4WD MATING CONNECTOR. 7. STRAP THE JUMPER HARNESS AND THE SERVICE HARNESS TO THE TAB ON THE AXLE TUBE.
P/N DESCRIPTION QTY --- ----------- ---
26060073 ACTUATOR ASM, FRT DRIVE AXLE 1 22510339 FASTENER 1 15313272 HARNESS, JUMPER (Z SPLICE)(88-93 K1-3) 1
AXLE CODE 12376316 KIT, ACTUATOR WIRING HARNESS (88-96I K1,2) ZLS, ZLT, ZLW ZLX, ZLY 12376317 KIT, ACTUATOR WIRING HARNESS (96I-97 K1,2) ZWA, ZWB, ZWD ZWF, ZWG 12376318 KIT, ACTUATOR WIRING HARNESS (94-96I K3) ZLX, ZLY, ZLZ 12376319 KIT, ACTUATOR WIRING HARNESS (96I-97 K3) ZWF, ZWG, ZWH
PARTS, EXCEPT P/N 15313272, ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM GMSPO. P/N 15313272 IS EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE 9-21-98.
SOME OWNERS WITH ACTUATORS THAT ARE OPERATING AS DESIGNED (5-30 SECONDS ENGAGEMENT TIME) MAY CHOOSE TO UPGRADE TO THE FAST ACTUATOR AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE. THE FAST ACTUATOR IS A NEW PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO REPLACE ACTUATORS THAT ARE OPERATING AS DESIGNED.
FOR VEHICLES REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY, USE:
LABOR OPERATION DESCRIPTION LABOR TIME --------- ----------- ----------
F0025 ACTUATOR, FRONT DIFFERENTIAL USE PUBLISHED LABOR LOCKING, REPLACE OPERATION TIME
N6112 WIRING AND/OR CONNECTOR-REPAIR USE PUBLISHED LABOR OPERATION TIME
ASE Master certified and 100% General Motors trained in all fields