Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2001 silverado..sensors, knock sensor wiring harness, and the computer

I have a 2001 silverado showing code PO332. I have replaced both knock sensors, knock sensor wiring harness, and the computer. It is still showing the code, and not running very good. HELP PLEASE
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Considering you already replaced the knock sensors and the computer it sounds like the problem is the wiring harness itself. Water gets down in that area and can corrode the connectors. When replacing the connectors put silicone around them to keep water out in the future. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

P0332 Knock Sensor Circuit Low Frequency (Bank 2)

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • Knock sensor connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)
  • Knock sensor signal circuit is open, shorted to ground or shorted to voltage
  • Knock sensor ground circuit is open (check for proper torque)
  • Knock sensor has failed
  • PCM has failed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have replaced the harness(today). I have also checked ohms, for shorts, and tapped the engine to see if the sensors are working, everything checks out right.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

At this point you will need to do a resistance test between knock sensors and pcm and knock sensos and ground, maybe clean the knock sensor mounting surface or replace wire between sensor and pcm. Here is a wire diagram, let me know if you have questions, thanks.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have performed these tests via a GM diagnostic checksheet, everything checks out right. This is my problem, everything checks out good or is new, why am I still getting a trouble code?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Considering you have done a resistance test between sensor and ground, sensor and computer, checked pin conditions, replaced computer, and replaced knock sensor as far as I know there is nothing else it could be. I would assume that there is a wiring issue getting missed somewhere, I'll opt out and leave the question open to other experts to see if anyone else has an idea. Someone will respond autmatically so do not reply otherwise I'll be locked into the question. Thanks