Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

Dome 2003 silverado,I have checked all ok

My dome light does not work on my 2003 silverado,I have checked all fuses and they are ok. The curtasy lights on the doors work ok when you open the doors but the dome light does not come on. what else can I check for?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any way to check for voltage at the socket itself? Like a test light or volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, there is no power at the socket. I have not checked for power coming off the door switch yet. I assume it is working because the light in the door (courtesy) lights are working.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
Yeah, it would not be the switch. The wiring comes down the left pillar post to a connector just below the dash on the driver's side. I can't find the color right now but you can check it at the socket. Find that connector and check there for power and ground.