BOBBYSS, Master Technician

How do I replace the rear brake shoes on my 2007 Silverado

How do I replace the rear brake shoes on my 2007 Silverado 1500?
HelloCustomer is the vehicle 2 orXXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
XXXXX We bought brake pads.
Okay. The instructions for doing this are below. I would also make sure that you have the brake drum turned while they are off. If you need more help let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to know how to replace the brake PADS, not the shoes. I mentioned that in the last reply.
Okay. So you have rear disc brakes, not drums?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not sure. Can you give me info on both?
If you have drum brakes the info you need is above. If you have disc brakes then the instructions are below.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Am i going to need special tools for this? Is this a difficult job to perform?
You will not need any special tool. Just simple had tools. THe only other tool you will need is a c-clamp. You will need this to press the caliper piston back into the caliper. Place one of the brake pads in fron of the piston and use the clamp to collapse it. Also make sure that you do not open the hydraulic system as there is not need to bleed the brakes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yesterday I paid you for info on how to replace the REAR brake pads on a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500. When I took the info home to show my boyfriend, he said it was for the FRONT brakes instead of the back. Can you please send me the correct info for the REAR brakes? thank you.
Both of these are for the rear brakes. One is for rear drum and the other is for rear disc brakes.