ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

1989 silverado 2500: fuses under..under dash..relays..ignition switch

1989 silverado 2500 series ignition problem will not start.checked battery and connections OK, checked starter removed and baench tested OK,checkrd fuses under dash OK, checked relays OK, noticed no power to silinod wire checked ignition switch and still no start from ignition , I ran a wire from silinod to battery and with ignition on and touch wire to positive truck will start, any idea what else I have to check really confused. Thanks
The power goes from the ignition switch to a neutral safety switch, very often the neutral safety switch is the cause of the problem. There should be a larger purple wire into the switch and out be sure there is power on both while trying to start.