ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

Chevrolet impala: my check engine light came..traction control

hello, i have chevrolet impala and my check engine light came on with a message serivce traction control, engine power reduce, what does that mean?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
The check engine light is on because there is a fault code stored in the engines computer, the service traction control light comes on whenever the check engine light comes on so that the traction control does not work. To determine the engine codes they need to be read with a scan tool or a code reader.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how much will it cost me to get that fix?
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
I really can not estimate that without knowing the code in the computer, it could be as little as 25.00 or as muh as 500.00 depending on the problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i went to an auto shop and the code stated it is throttle pedal something i do not remember the rest of the message.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
These have a lot of problems with the wiring to the throttle actuator control, if that is bad it could be a cheap fix probably less that a $100.00 if the problem is the actuator itself it will be $300.00 or more.