BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

how do I reset the passlock on my 2001 silverado

HelloCustomer the reset procedure is shown below. Let me know if you need more help.

30 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i will try this now and let you know if it worked
Okay. Let me know and we can go from there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i did the first step and was watching the security light blink between the battrery and a quick double blink security light. each light stays on for approx. 5 seconds. after 23 minutes no change lights kept blinking security 5 sec. batt. 5 sec.
security never turned off
Okay. Just turn the key on and leave it on for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn it off and back on for ten more. Do this three times without paying much attention to the light. After the 3rd time try starting the vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok i went through the steps and from off to start position, egine starts for 1-2 sec. then shuts off. with ignition in off position serurity light stays on. could there be another problem.
I hear fuel pump start for 3 sec. then go off every time i turn on the switch. I will accept your answer but please leave me more info if possible.