Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service manager of Firestone

1999 Chevy Blazer: s10..4x4..The ECM b fuse keeps blowing..fuse blows

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer s10 4x4. The ECM b fuse keeps blowing. I have had it in the shop and they cant seem to find any problem, I drive away and the fuse blows. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for visiting
The oil pressure switch is shorted to ground internally or the wiring to the oil pressure switch is shorted to ground. It may be intermittent.Check the wiring to the oil pressure switch, and look for rub-through on the harness. If the wiring is OK, disconnect the oil pressure switch and start the engine. If it is an intermittent condition, it is OK to test drive the vehicle with the oil pressure switch disconnected, but be sure to bring some extra fuses. If it does not blow the fuse while on the test drive, replace the oil pressure switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Tim, thank you for your response, do I get to try this solutions before I accept.
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
Sure, go ahead. You need any help with it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my son is an auto tech student (high school) I plan to pass the job off to him. Im sure he could use some guidance on how to proceed
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
No problem, test ir first let me know if the fuse stops blowing. If so I will let him know how to replace it.