Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

replacement driver door exterior handle to install..my 02 express van

Customer Question

have a replacement driver door exterior handle to install on my 02 express van and don't know how to go about doing it, need instructions. . .thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
ok follow this procedure it should help you out

1. Raise the window completely.
  2. Remove the front door trim panel. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Door () .
  3. Remove the water deflector. Refer to Water Deflector Replacement - Front Door (See: Front Door Panel\Service and Repair\Front Door Panel Components) .

1. Remove the lock rods (2) from the lock (6).
  2. Remove the rear run channel from the door. Refer to Window Run Channel Replacement (See: Windows and Glass\Window Track\Service and Repair) .
  3. Remove the nuts (8) and the bracket (7) that retain the outside door handle (1) to the door.
  4. Remove the outside door handle (1) from the door.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the outside door handle (1) to the door.
  2. Install the nuts (8) and the bracket (7) in order to retain the handle (1) to the door. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.
  3. Install the nuts (8) that retain the outside door handle (1) to the door. Tighten the retaining nuts to 11 N.m (97 lb in).
  4. Install the rear run channel to the door. Refer to Window Run Channel Replacement (See: Windows and Glass\Window Track\Service and Repair) .
  5. Install the lock rods (2) to the lock (6).
  6. Install the water deflector. Refer to Water Deflector Replacement - Front Door (See: Front Door Panel\Service and Repair\Front Door Panel Components) .
  7. Install the front door trim panel. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Door () .
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks! Seems pretty straight forward. . .I'll give it a shot this weekend and let you know if I have any problems!! thanks again.
Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
ok print out what i sent you.the pics will expire soon..print them out so you have them!good luck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
already did, thanks for letting me know though. Have a good weekend!! and happy holiday!!
Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
you too