Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

2001 chevy: What are the fuel pressure specs..v..firing

What are the fuel pressure specs for a 2001 chevy express with a 4.3ltr v-6. Will low pressure result in the vehicle not firing?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

your fuel presure is way low..these must have 60psi....even though the pump was changed a while back,,,this pump is weak

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Tim. Is the fuel pump the only thing you can thinkof that would result in the vehicle failing to fire?

well'''these engines wont start with 40-50 psi of i would think a pump will fix you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you sir. I appreciate all your help.

you are welcome

thanks for useing justanswer