JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech

I need a diagram to connect the fuel pump in the gas tank for

I need a diagram to connect the fuel pump in the gas tank for a 93 3.4 chevy camaro. We have done everything and cant remember where the fuel lines/hoses go to the gas tank and firewall. Please send some instructions or a diagram to connect the hoses back to the car and the fuel pump. thanks

1. Note position of fuel pump strainer on fuel pump
  2. Support sender with one hand and grasp strainer with other hand. Rotate strainer in one direction and pull off of pump. Discard strainer after inspection.
  3. Remove vent hose and fuel return hose from under cover
  4. Disconnect quick connect fitting of fuel feed hose
  5. Disconnect electrical connector from fuel pump
  6. Pry locking tabs on bottom of fuel reservoir, lift reservoir to clear locking tabs and pull reservoir downward to clear guides on fuel sender.
  7. Bumper on fuel sender. Assemble
  1. Install new bumper on fuel sender
  2. Align tabs on reservoir with guide on fuel sender, push upward to stop on top of reservoir and snap locking tabs over ramps on bottom of reservoir
  3. Connect fuel vent and return hose
  4. Connect quick connect fittings
  5. Connect electrical connector to pump
  6. Push new pump strainer onto fuel pump inlet. Push on outer edge of strainer ferrule until fully seated

Install or Connect:

1. Install fuel sender assembly
  2. Install fuel tank assembly

Turn ignition switch to "ON" position for two seconds, then turn to "OFF" for ten seconds. Again turn to "ON" position and check for fuel leaks.graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accept this answer and the hard pipes connected on the fuel pump...there hoses that connect to those 4 metal rods. This is the line/hoses we took off there blk. I need a diagram to connect those back on please...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is the diagram for a 95' camaro the same? If this doesn't work could it me the fuel filter?

it could be or a relay is the pump pumping
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I heard the fuel pump turn on...... and theres no leaks.....I was told to disconnect the hose to the fuel injection to see if fuel comes out w/the key in the assessory position. I more experianced on forgien cars..its by boyfriends camaro i'm trying to fix..I'm replacing the fuel filter today and i'll let you know what happens..P.S.Thanks for all your help