chevyfl
chevyfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech with L! with 30 years Dealership EXP

chevy tahoe 2005 LT, will not start, try to jump start it will

chevy tahoe 2005 LT, will not start, try to jump start it will not jump, the only problem we have had at all in the last few weeks is that when using one of the keyless remotes it will lock but not unlokc the car any suggest?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chevyfl replied 4 years ago.
Does the engine spin over at all or do you get no responce from the key?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The engine does not spijn at all, when we tried to jump the interior lights come on but nothing else happens, the engine does not spin at all.
Expert:  chevyfl replied 4 years ago.
Have you tried putting it in netural and try to start it? do you hear any click or any noise when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we only tried in park, we are no longer at the car because we had to get our kids home for dinner. when we tried to jump it in park the lights came on and mywife says she heard a click (or at least the engine trying to jump) but nothing happened besides the lights
Expert:  chevyfl replied 4 years ago.
This sounds like you have a bad starter or a loose battery cable.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is there a way to test to see which one it is? also does a starter just go bad? the car has always started on the first try in the past? would the keyless remote not unlocking the car doors lead you to believe it one or other in regards XXXXX XXXXX?
Expert:  chevyfl replied 4 years ago.
Yes the starter can just stop working without any warning.the click you hear when trying to start it is most likely the soleniod on the top of the starter trying to enguage it and it just doesnt spin over.you can check to see if you have power going to the small wire on the starter when it is being started if it has power then the starter is bad or you have low voltage going to it from a bad connition or a bad battery. If you dont have a test light or meter you can just put your hand on the starter if it clicks when someone trys to start it then it is bad or has low voltage going to it.
chevyfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech with L! with 30 years Dealership EXP