goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

2007 tahoe: my keyless remote..vehicle to unlock doors

My keyless remote for my 2007 tahoe will not work from long range. I have to open the door with the key. then the remote will work inside of the vehicle to unlock doors and allow me to start it. Even at close range inside of the vehicle it will not lock the doors. I have to push the lock button manually.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 6 years ago.

Hello, and welcome. you will have to see your dealer on this problem. what needs to be done is for both remotes to be replaced with a updated version, also there is a software update for the remote reciever module. the rke module has to be programmed with some software updates to repair this problem. if you are still under the 3 years or 36,000 mile warranty this will done at no cost to you.

If there is anything you dont understand, please feel free to ask me to explain