BOBBYSS, Master Technician

My 1999 Suburban (K1500, 5.7L)hesitates / stumbles after a

My 1999 Suburban (K1500, 5.7L)hesitates / stumbles after a hard acceleration. If I let off the gas and coast for a few seconds it then runs fine. Doesn't seem to matter if car is cold or warm.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer how many miles are on the vehicle? Is the check engine light on? Has anything been replaced recently?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
168,000 miles. There are no warning lights on. I did have new plugs, fuel filter installed back early summer......normal maintenance stuff.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
Okay. This is usually a problem with the fuel system in the vehicle. It is typically due to the fuel pump pressure being off. When you let your foot off of the gas the fuel pressure will change. If the pressure drops off then this will happen. You need to have the fuel pressure checked. You may have a bad fuel pump or a bad pressure regulator.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there any way to tell which one is most likely?

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
It is hard to tell without checking the fuel pressure fisrt. This can also be caused by a sensor. I would not recommend changing anything without checking this.