Wicked Wrench
Wicked Wrench, Master ASE/GM Tech 25 Years
Experience:  Master ASE/ GM Tech 25 years with GM
20496363

I HAVE A 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX WITH THE ABS AND T/C LIGHTS ON

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX WITH THE ABS AND T/C LIGHTS ON FOR THE 4TH TIME I ALREADY SPENT 1447.00 ON THE SAME PROBLEM THE DEALSHIP WENT UNDER LAST MONTH. IS THEIR ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH THE HUB SENSOR???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Wicked Wrench replied 7 years ago.
First I would definately have the codes read by another source, such as an Indy Shop, or Auto Zone (Autozone scans for free)

Get the codes, & see if they are related to any of the work you've had done at the dealer. If so, bring the car back to the dealer, but don't tell them you know what the code is.

Have them look at it & tell you what the problem is & see if it jives with the code that is stored. If it does, then you can trust that your not "just another girl being taken advantage of".

If they are lying & charging you for something you already paid for, LIGHT 'EM UP! Call the Police & DMV on them & report them for doublecharging you.

Keep in mind that the work already done should come with some sort of warranty, & if it was done at a GM dealer, the warranty would be at least 90 days, but usually 12 mos.

Good Luck!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the dealship went under so i cant get my warrenty, but i am wondering if there is another reason for the 4th hub sensor to go out in 2 months i took it to 2 other shops. same results hub sensor . there has to be another reason for this problem?

Is it the same hub that's failing?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes its the same hub, this will be the 4th time.
Which one???
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
LEFT HUB
Are they using GM parts or aftermarket? Also, are they checking the harness all the way back to the EBTCM? It sounds like either they're using crap aftermarket parts, or they're missing something else like a harness failure.