cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ase mastertech. shop owner and tech

93 chevy: need to replace the oxygen sensor

need to replace the oxygen sensor on my 93 chevy s-10, need to know the location of it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.

Welcome I will be assisting you. Please give me as much information as you can no matter how insignificant. If at anytime you need more information please ask. When you are completely satisfied then please accept my answer and leave positive feedback. If you cant leave positive feedback then my job is not done. Please ask for more information

the sensor is located in the right exhaust manifold below the coil just above where the front exhaust pipe

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will try to change it as soon as there is more daylight out, the 02 sensor that i bought looks huge compared to the one i belive i saw installed yesterday, it a Bosch 12014. The tech told me it was a universal model and no wires were to be cut it has a coupling/locking at the end of the wire. It this the right one? Special tools? I am going the right way according to the symptoms i described on my original question.

Let me know, thank you.

Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
im not sure the sensor is you problem if the sensor has the correct plug on it then use it if they want you to splice dont use it sometimnes you need a o2 sensor socket depends how tight it is and if you can get a wrench on it i would check spark at the plugs and fuel at the carb spray some carbcleaner or starting fluid while cranking to see if it trys to start