George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years

2001 chevy: I need to change a heater hose connector..firewall..tool

Customer Question

I need to change a heater hose connector on a 2001 chevy silverado. It is connect to the firewall on the truck. I need to know if there is a tool to take the old one off to replace it. It is the white hose connector
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

A Lisle removal set that you can purchase at most auto parts stores will allow you to slide the remover along the pipe inside the connector and release the connector

There is a Jiffy Tite removal set but I have not seen them in the stores. These seem to be everywhere and they work almost as well as the dedicated removal tool

Let me know if you have further questions about this

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that I can find it in the store. How does the connector seals. It only has an O-ring inside the connector. It must be a very tight fit because it seems that that is not much of a seal and would leak. Do I have to by some sealer to insure that it does not leak.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

You do not have to use sealer, the pressure will force the O ring seal tight and that will seal fine it just snaps on and you are done