Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

I replace the blend door actuator on a 94..K1500..CHilton

Customer Question

How do i replace the blend door actuator on a 94 K1500? CHilton's manual is no help.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

That is the mode door actuator. I can remember doing some without taking the dash out, however, the book time on it is about 3 hours. Let me know if you need the steps for that as well, thanks

Mode Actuator
Notes

The mode actuator is located on the air distribution case between the air distributor and and blower assembly. Position the actuator properly to the door shaft before installation.

graphic

REMOVE OR DISCONNECT

1. Negative battery cable.
  2. Instrument panel compartment.
  3. Electrical connectors, as necessary.
  4. Screws.
  5. Mode actuator.

ADJUST

1. Electrical connection to the actuator.
  2. Turn the ignition key to the run position and let the actuator position itself.
  3. Turn off the ignition key.
  4. Remove the actuator from the electrical connection.

INSTALL OR CONNECT

1. Mode actuator.
  2. Screws.
  3. Electrical connectors, as necessary.
  4. Instrument panel compartment.
  5. Negative battery cable.
    • Check circuit operation.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can you send me those steps also?

How could i replace the mode acutator witout removing the dash?

You may have to remove the dash on the 94. Here is a link to the instructions for that in a PDF format that you can download. However, please don't forget to come back and hit the accept button, that is the only way we get paid, thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndiyyyymnny

.

Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience: 29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this something a mechincally inclined person can do with out any proper training? I have repaired a lot of the vehicle over time but never removed the the dash?
Hard to say, but it is like with anything, when you do your first one, might take alot longer then after many of them. Just alot of little screws and parts that you have to remember where they go. A good idea is to take a picture of some before you take it apart.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help but the acutator that is snapping is the one forward on of the blower motor, real pain to get at, it wasn't on the earlier diagram you sent me. Can you send my any different diagrams? Appears to open a trap door to allow air to flow on the passenger foot compartment. Also do you know if all three acuators are the same replaceable part? I was able to access the mode acuator without removing the dash, may not be so lucky with this one. Are there different instructions for access this part? Thanks Wayne

That is the recirculate actuator. The dash has to come out, I'm sure, Here is the labor for it. There are no other instructions on it though.

Air Inlet (Recirculation)B3.5