Joel, Auto technician
Experience:  GM, ASE Certified Technician. Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Olds. Over 18 Years experience and growing.

2000 chevy venture: sending unit..thermostat..hose..same problem

I have a 2000 chevy venture with the 3400 v6 engine... my cooling system keeps getting accessive air in it so it runs hot and stops blowing heat through the heater... have replaced the temp. sending unit, thermostat, and one radiater hose... the fliud level is fine.. if i bleeout the access air its fine for about a day then it will go back to the same problem... what should i try next?

Hello and welcome.

Another possibility is a head gasket problem.

This engine in know for the rear headgasket to blow and cause overheating. A blown gasket can cause combustion gases to be forced into the cooling system causing air pockets. Air pockets will cause the roblems you are having.

Suggest a a cooling system pressure test.

Removing spark plugs and inspecting for signs of burning coolant would show this problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats not what i was hoping to hear... But i bet you are right! thank you...

Ya, nobody likes to hear that, but it is quite probable.

Good luck.