GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd: 4x4..flow..The check engine light came

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 LD 6.0 4x4. I have an AEM cold air intake with a dry flow oiless filter on it. The check engine light came on and has come back three times after resetting it. The codes are P0332....Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2) and B0229 - HVAC Actuator Circuit. Any ideas or suggestions on why this is and how to figure out what to fix?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.

Welcome.The P0332 is the knock sensor under the upper intake manifold. There is a 2 wire connector at the rear drivers side of the intake that go to the knock sensors. These get water down in the hole that they are in and this damages the sensors. I suggest you test the resistance of each of these wires, light blue and dark blue to ground. Spec is 93K ohm to 107K ohm, and they usually sit at 99,9K ohm. Replace the one that is out of spec.

As for the HVAC, that will not set the check engine light at all, it is likely a bad or failing temp door actuator. Take the HVAC/ECAS fuse out for 10 seconds, then put it back in. Start the engine and wait 5 mins for the system to fully recalibrate. Do this 3 times and this should clean the feedback circuit off in the actuator and stop that code.

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Could the P0332 code be a result of having the truck and engine compartment washed or is it just from continued water build up over time?
It usually takes more than once to get enough water to do this. When you change the sensor, use sealant to make a U around the openings leaving the back open to divert the water around the sensor opening and prevent this in the future.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information. I will take a look at it this weekendSmile
Ok. Feel free to reply as needed.