Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

1999 chevy: 000 miles..bad fuel pump in and new relay

Have 1999 chevy 1500 express van (regency conversion) 95,000 miles 5.7 ltr. stopped for gas and would not start - mechanic diaginosed bad fuel pump ($1400.00)? I have put new fuel pump in and new relay. Checked fuse. Installed new harnes on fuel pump. Will not start - pump not activating!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 years ago.
First of all check the fuse in the picture I pointed to in red. Then you will need a 12 volt test light or voltmeter and check the gray wire coming from the fuel pump relay for voltage. If ok there then check the gray wire down at the fuel tank or at the next connector going to the fuel tank and then at the fuel tank. If the gray wire has no voltage at the fuel pump relay with key on then check the orange wire feeding the relay.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 years ago.