JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

2005 chevrolet: alarm system..remote starter..immobilzer bypass

Customer Question

I own a 2005 chevrolet Optra 5. it has a GM factory alarm system and I want to install a remote starter. I think I need an immobilzer bypass but I am not sure which one to by. Does it use Pass I, II or II type? And will I need a spare key for proper installation?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 7 years ago.
You should have pass 3 if your key say pk3 or have a plus symbol on it (+).
And you will not need two keys. Good luck and please accept my answer. Thanks Tman
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My key does NOT have 'PK3' nor does it have a '+' on it. Here is what the key has:

U-CHANG Precision

Transmitter Ass'y

315MHz DC 3V

Made in Korea

I know it has an immobilizer inside the steering column but I do not know which bypass module to buy. Would a universal one work?

The car was made at a DAEWOO plant in Korea for GM Chevrolet to be sold in Canada and for Suzuki to be sold under the brand Forenza and in Europe under Daewoo and Lacetti. Does this help?

Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
Hello warbird, my name isXXXXX you for choosing I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This is for a GMC truck and not a GM (Chevrolet) import. As I said in the previous reply this car is an import made by Daewoo in Korea. I have the service manual BUT I can not find which type of bypass module to purchase for a remote starter. Your answer does not answer my question.

AGAIN my question.......What type of bypass module do I need for a remote starter for a 2005 Chevrolet Optra 5?

This Chev model is only sold in CANADA and not sold by GM in the USA.

Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
All GM passkey II systems are the same. You have a passkey II system, It should work. The Optra is very similar to the Aveo. OR, if you would like another opinion. If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please dont hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have diagrams? If it is in fact a Passlock II system then any of the bypass modules for this type of system should I correct?
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
I was just notofied that this bulletin will not work on this platform. I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Thanks again for choosing justanswer! JHoop.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your efforts. Appreciated. But even GM head office in Toronto would not tell me. I think I will have to go look in Europe for my answer as this car is sold also in India and England under the same name and also in Asia under Daewoo Lacetti.

Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
We have some other international experts here that may chime in. Thanks for using Just Amswer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I received a noticed saying you have not been paid. Well you never solved nor answered my question satisfactorily. You stated your answer would not work. So not solution no pay.
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, an automated responce.