quickcar
quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+ years automotive experience

serpentine belt diagram 3.4 v6

Customer Question

serpentine belt diagram 3.4 v6
Category: Chevy
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
hello, what model is your 2000 chevy?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

2000 Chevy Venture van with 3.4L V6 motor and air conditining. need serpentine belt diagram please. someone removed sticker from under hood and now can't figure out how to replace belt.

Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.

ok here it is.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NOT THE CORRECT DIAGRAM. SHOULD BE 3 PULLIES

2000 CHEVROLET VENTURE VAN WITH 3400 MOTOR AND A/C PLEASE TRY AGAIN. THANKS

Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.

that was the correct diagram for a 2000 chevy venture van with the 3.4L, i have done numerous 3.4L work and i know thats the correct routing.

im not sure what three pulleys your seeing, if you could upload a picture of what you got ill see if i can find something different.

but you should have the crank pulley,alternator, waterpump, idler , a/c and tensioner pulley.

Edited by quickcar on 10/9/2009 at 10:30 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MY vehicle has 3 more pullies than what this diagram is showing. please help. thank you

Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.

can you upload a picture of what you have?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes! where do I send it?
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
just get it on your computer then where you type your reply here , click on the picture of the tree, this will allow you to insert it into the reply, just click on browse then browse when the second box comes up and then search through your computer till you find it click on it then click on ok in the box then insert in the first box and itll put it in your reply on here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for all your help. you are awesome! I've already matched up my new belt to the old one and it the same. my motor has another pully to the rear under the alternator and another pully in the center. wish i had taken a pic before removing but now i'm sol. thanks again

graphicgraphic

graphicgraphic

Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
just to verify are you sure its a 3.4L and a 2000 chevy venture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
absolutely sure. 2000 chevy venture with 3400 v6 with a/c. manuafactured in 7/1999.
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
give me a second ill see what i can find.

Edited by quickcar on 10/9/2009 at 11:12 PM EST
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
has your motor ever been replaced?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. right on the top of the motor it still has the cover saying 3400. i'm really making you work for your money tonight Laughing
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.

i literally have done about 100 lower intake gaskets on the 3.4 L and i have never seen those 2 extra idler pulleys. im looking through everything trying to find a different year or model that had a 3.4l that matches your picture.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I really appreciate the time spent. I've called my local Autozone and they have a diagram....maybe the same one you have.... and i may have to drive over to check it out.
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.

heres one from a 3.1l which is a very similar motor and it closely resembles what you have , i think this is it.

graphic

Edited by quickcar on 10/9/2009 at 11:24 PM EST
quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10+ years automotive experience
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
if this is the case it looks as though someone before you has changed the motor in your van and used a 3.1L instead of a 3.4L. i am confused though as i dont think the belts would be the same so if you went to the parts store and told them you had a 3.4l i wouldve thought that the belt would be wrong too.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried the diagram for the 3.1 and it its. Your diagrams are not labeled so maybe they were mixed up. thank u.
Expert:  quickcar replied 4 years ago.
no problem someone has changed your motor and put a 3.1L ill guarantee it. glad you got it on.