Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

2006 Chevy Impala: remote start..the drivers side..keyless..doors

I own a 2006 Chevy Impala LT. The remote start is not working and You have to be standing on the drivers side of the car for the keyless door remote to lock/unlock the doors. I don't use the OnStar feature. I thought the keyless remotes needed batteries or replacing, but a dealer told me that the entire system, including the antenna on top of the car would need to be replaced in order to fix the problem and that it would be costly.(aprox $7-800.00) Does this sound right? If so; It would cheaper to go to an auto alarm place and purchase an alarm system w/keyless remotes & remote starter.
Are you aware of any other 2006 owners having this problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 years ago.

This is a known issue & if the car is out of the 35,000 mile / 3 year, then the customer absorbs the cost.
There was a TSB issued, but I cannot find it.
Some Aftermarket Extended Warranties will cover it also.

If none of the above apply, you may want to consider Aftermarket Remote Start / Keyless Entry
With Reputable Aftermarket Unit, Twice the distance, very few problems