JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech

05 Suburban where is body control module and would it cause

'05 Suburban: where is body control module and would it cause all functions on driver door to quit, please advise going crazy!

sounds like a bcm issue

Body Control Module Replacement

1. Disconnect the negative battery cables. CAUTION: Refer to Battery Disconnect Caution in Service Precautions.

1. Remove the knee bolster.

1. Disconnect the brown connector.
  2. Disconnect all other connectors (1).
  3. Remove the body control module (BCM) from the sliding bracket.

1. Slide the BCM onto the bracket.
  2. Connect all the connectors (1) except the brown connector.
  3. Connect the brown connector.

1. Install the knee bolster.
  2. Connect the negative battery cables.
  3. Reprogram the BCM. Refer to Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration. See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning
  4. Perform the Passlock Learn Procedure. Refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components in Theft Deterrent. See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John can I perform the programming/RPO CONFIG and the passlock learn procedure manually or will I need to go to dealer.
Dealer it needs to be flashed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John one last thing, if I do the install will it be drivable to get it to the dealer to have it flashed or will they give me crap about having to instal it themselves and use a bcm from chevy instead of an after market part which I can get for about 1/3 the price, thanks for the help in advance.
I would prep it for removal drive it to the dealer on a sunday or after hours plug it in and tel them it is there for a reprogram its usually a 1 hour labor charge
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John thank- you for confirming my leg work, everything you've replied is what I was leaning towards, just wanted an experienced, trained opinion to back me up. What you've said makes sense and I will try your recommendations. Thanks again!

your welcome any other question feel free to ask and if you have not hit accept yet please do so i get credit