Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

replace fuel injectors on 2000 gmc sierra 5.3 liter v-8

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

please explain your question

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do you replace the fuel injector? Is it complicated?

ok

this may help you..it isnt too bad

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Service and Repair

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

CAUTION: Refer to the Battery Disconnect Caution in Cautions and Notices.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the engine sight shield. NOTE:
    • Remove the fuel pressure regulator in order to drain the excess fuel and in order to prevent fuel from entering the engine cylinders when the fuel injectors are removed for service. Flooded cylinders could result in engine damage.
    • Use care in removing the fuel injectors in order to prevent damage to the electrical connector pins on the injector and the nozzle. The fuel injector is serviced as a complete assembly only. Do not immerse the injector in a solvent bath.

1. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
  2. Remove the fuel rail assembly.

1. Remove the injector retainer clip (19).
  2. Insert the fork of J 43013 fuel injector assemble removal tool behind the injector connector between the fuel rail pod and the 3 protruding retaining clip ledges. Use a prying motion while inserting the tool in order to force the injector out of the fuel rail pod.

1. Discard the injector retainer clip (1).
  2. Remove the injector O-ring seals (2), (4) from both ends of the injector. Discard the O-ring seals.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

IMPORTANT: When ordering new fuel injectors, be sure to order the correct injector for the application being serviced.

The fuel injector assembly (1) is stamped with a part number identification (2). A four digit build date code (3) indicates the month (4), day (5), year (6), and the shift (7) that built the injector.

1. Lubricate the new injector O-ring seals (2), (4) with clean engine oil.
  2. Install the new injector O-ring seals on the injector.
  3. Install a new retainer clip (1) on the injector.

1. Push the fuel injector (17) into the fuel rail injector socket with the electrical connector facing outward. The retainer clip (19) locks on to a flange on the fuel rail injector socket.

1. Install the fuel rail assembly.
  2. Tighter the fuel filler cap.
  3. Connect the negative battery cable.
  4. Inspect for leaks.
8.1.Turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds .
8.2.Turn the ignition OFF for 10 seconds .
8.3.Turn the ignition ON.
8.4.Inspect for fuel leaks.

NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

1. Install the engine sight shield. Tighten Tighten the engine sight shield bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb in)
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.