Thanks for visiting JA.com
A new fuel pump usually fixes this code. Let's check the fuel pump before we replace it.
1. Verify that there is no loss of spark or injector pulse.
2. Check fuel pressure and see if pressure is low when first turning the key on. Fuel pressure should remain at 60 PSI when the key is turned on and the engine
If everything is good check the ECM
1. Check connections at the ignition coil
2. Check for short to voltage on circuit 423 White wire.
3. Check for power and ground with a headlight test light.
In a very rare case a bad CKP (Crank sensor) can also be the cause of this:
1. Check for 30 KV spark output from the coil and spark plug
2. Inspect for rub marks on the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor.
3. Add a shim/s to the CKP sensor, part #12565102 per TSB 02-06-04-059. Can bend a paper clip for test purposes.
4. Check for nicks or damage on the reluctor on the crankshaft seen through the hole in the front cover for the CKP sensor.
5. Check for a consistent 30 KV spark output from each spark plug wire end.